3rd Floor Lok Nayak Bhavan,
New Delhi-110 003, the 19th February 2003.
Subject: Mobility of personnel between Central Government Departments and Autonomous Bodies–Counting of past service – Discharging of DCRG liability by autonomous bodies where pension scheme is not in operation.
Instructions relating to mobility of personnel between Central Government Departments and autonomous bodies and counting of past service came into existence by issue of DP&AR’s OM No.28/10/84-PU dated 29-8-1984. There were various conditions laid down in above order which are required to be fulfilled to make an employee eligible for counting of past service. Para 3(b) of above OM provided procedure to be followed on mobility of personnel to and from a body where pension scheme is not in operation. It has been provided in para-3 (b)(i) that on mobility of personnel from an autonomous body governed by CPF Scheme to another similar body, the amount of employees subscription in CPF, employers share of CPF plus interest may be transferred to his new provident fund account with the consent of that body. Para-3 (b)(ii) of above order provides that on mobility of employee from autonomous body governed by CPF scheme to Central Government Department, that body will pay employers share of CPF contribution to the Government Department. The Government employees who were in service on 1-1-1986 and who were governed by CPF Scheme were made entitled for DCRG. In view of above, this Department has been receiving references from various Ministries whether on mobility of personnel from autonomous body governed by CPF scheme, that body will be required to discharge DCRG liability to the Government/new autonomous body, as the case may be, for the purpose of counting of past service or not.
2. This matter has been considered and the President has been pleased to decide that in the cases of mobility of personnel, with proper consent from autonomous bodies governed by CPF Scheme to Government Department or another Autonomous Body, the parent Autonomous Body will be required to discharge pensionary/terminal liability, for the purpose of counting of past service as under:-
In the cases of mobility of personnel from autonomous bodies where CPF Scheme is in operation to other similar autonomous bodies, besides transferring CPF to new autonomous body, previous autonomous body will be required to discharge pro-rata DCRG liability to new body.
In the cases of mobility of personnel from autonomous bodies where CPF Scheme is in operation to Government Departments or autonomous bodies where pension scheme is in operation, the previous body will be required to transfer employers share of CPF contribution plus pro-rata DCRG liability to new Department or body.
3. Para-3 (b) of the DP&AR’s OM No.28/10/84-PU dated 29-8-1984, as amended from time to time, may be treated as amended to the extent indicated in this Office Memorandum. All other conditions laid down in the above order will remain unaltered.
4. These orders will be applicable in the cases of mobility of personnel w.e.f. 1-1-1986 and parent Autonomous Body will be required to transfer DCRG liability for the entire period of service rendered by the employee in that body, alongwith employers share of CPF contribution.
5. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance vide their I.D. No.486/E.V./2002 dated 2-8-2002 & with the concurrence of office of Comptroller & Auditor General of India vide their I.D. No.233-Audit (Rules)/51-2001 dated 26-11-2002.
1. All Ministries/Departments with the request that it may be brought to the notice of all attached/subordinate offices and autonomous bodies under the control of concerned Ministry.
2 Chief Secretaries to all the State Governments/Union Territories.
3. Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure (E.V. Branch), North Block, New Delhi.