Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Dated 18th November, 2008
Subject: Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – payment of Disability Pension/Family pension – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that in implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, orders for revision
of pension of pre-2006 pensioners have been issued vide this Department’s O.M. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated Ist September,2008. These orders
are also applicable to the pre-2006 pensioners in receipt of disability pension/family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules.
2. The disability pension/family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules in respect of the Government servants, who retire/die on or after 1.1.2006
will continue to be regulated in accordance with the CCS (EOP) Rules as amended vide this Department’s O.M. No.45/22/97-P&PW(C)
dated 3rd February, 2000 with following modifications:-
(a) Where the deceased Government servant was not holding a pensionable post:
40% of basic pay* subject to a minimum of Rs.4550/-
(b) Where the deceased Government servant was holding a pensionable post:
60% of basic pay* subject to a minimum of Rs.7,000/-
* The Basic Pay referred to above in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Pay Band plus the applicable Grade Pay
Para 3 II (2) of O.M. dated 3.2.2000 – Family pension under categories `D’ & `E’
(2) If the Government servant is not survived by widow but is survived by child/children only, all children together shall be eligible for family pension
at the rate of 60% of basic pay subject to a minimum of Rs.7,000/- .
Para 3 III (2) of O.M. dated 3.2.2000 – Disability Pension – for cases covered under categories ‘B’ and ‘C’
(2) For lower percentage of disability, the monthly disability pension shall be proportionately lower as at present, provided that where permanent
disability is not less than 60%, the total pension (i.e., pension or service gratuity admissible under the ordinary pension rules plus disability pension
as indicated at (1) above shall not be less than 60% of basic pay, subject to a minimum of Rs.7,000/-.
3. All other terms and conditions in the O.M. dated 3rd February, 2000, shall remain unchanged.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure U.O. No.4.2/30/2008-IC dated 21st October, 2008.
5 In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor
General of India.
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India as per standard distribution list.
Copy to: President’s Secretariat, Vice President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office, Cabinet Secretariat, Supreme Court of India, C&AG,
UPSC, etc. as per standard endorsement list.