No. 28/30/2004-P&PW (B)
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
Subject: - Mobility of personnel amongst Central /State & Autonomous Bodies while working under Pensionable establishments – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that while introducing the New Pension Scheme from 1/1/2004, amendments to various existing rules including Rule 2 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 were made whereby these rules became inapplicable to those appointed to Central Govt. Services and posts from 1/1/2004. Also the new and changed position obtaining on mobility of personnel between Central Government departments; between Central and State Governments ; and between Govt. departments and autonomous bodies on technical resignation from 1/1/2004 under these rules were clarified vide OM of even number dated 26/7/2005.
2. The position has been further reviewed by the Government of India and it has been decided to continue mobility of Govt. servants/Autonomous body employees appointed on or before 31.12.03 and who were governed under the old non-contributory Pension scheme of their respective Governments/organizations in order to provide for the continuance of Pensionary benefits based on combined service in accordance with the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 as under:-
a. between the Central Govt. departments covered under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972; and Railway Pension Rules, 1993 or other similar non-contributory pensionable establishments of Central Govt. covered by old Pension Rules other than CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 ;
b. between State and Central Govt provided the employees were appointed in the State Govt (s) on or before 31.12.2003 and covered under old pension scheme similar to CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972;
c. the pre-existing arrangement of mobility between State/Central Autonomous Body to Central/State Govt. and between autonomous bodies that were governed by old pension schemes in force upto 31/12/2003 vide No 28/10/84-P&PW dated 7/2/1986 and OM. No 28/10/84-Pension unit dated 29/8/1984 stand restored although those under CPF etc. will not be allowed entry into the old pension scheme on appointments from 1/1/2004.
3. These instructions modify/supersede provisions in the OM of even number dated 26/7/2005 to the extent as indicated above and take effect from 1.1.2004.
- 2 -
4. This issues with the concurrence of Department of Expenditure vide their UO No. 335/EV/2009 dt 5/10/2009 and in consultation with C&AG vide their U.O. No.93-audit (Rules)/28-2009 dated 09-10-2009.
1. All Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments.
2. Chief Secretaries of all State Governments/UTs
3. Accountant Generals in the States and UTs
4. Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, North Block, New Delhi
5. C&AG, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
6. Ministry of Railways, Railway Board, for information, New Delhi.
7. Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building, Parliament Street, N.Delhi
8. CGA, Department of Expenditure, 7th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi.
9. NIC for posting on the website of this department pensionersportal.gov.in .